Monday, February 06, 2006

I made it in the money!

Well, I finally did it. I made it into the money on the absolute poker freerolls on Saturday. Ok, so I only made $1. But I could have made more. I was actually chip leader with 13 players left before I had to leave the tournament. The issue at hand was my brother's 21st birthday (Happy Birthday Paul!). A bunch of us had plans to go out, so I couldn't really hold everyone up that long. I ended up getting 10th. It's too bad I couldn't have got 9th, as that would have been $2. Oh well, I'll probably have to play the freeroll again another day and try to get better. Tonight I plan on trying to turn my "lucky" dollar into more. I'll let ya know how I do (if I get a chance to play that is).

I feel that I played pretty well. I did play a little tighter than I normally do, but with half of the field going out in the first like 20 minutes, I figured if I didn't have the cards, I'd let them knock each other out. After about 30-45 minutes, I loosened up and started playing really well. With about 100 players left, I was in 55th place and below average in chip count. I knew I'd have to make some plays soon. Luckily, I got a good rush of cards to help out, and I had the player who was 3rd in chips at my table to contribute to my stack when I got those cards. I just kept moving up the ladder with a couple of well timed all-in's where once I doubled up and another time I was lucky enough to tripple up. That's when I got the chip lead. About that time, parents and friends arrived for our night out to celebrate Paul's birthday. And that ended my tournament. So, $1 down, $299 to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Good job. Maybe reading your post will get me motivated to start playing on Absolute again.

-WSOPDream