Wednesday, May 03, 2006

My Poker Progress

Well, last night was a good night for me, I won a sit-n-go and also won my heads-up match against Big Poppa in the MySportsRadio Heads-Up Tournament. 

We'll start with my sit-n-go win.  I was just passing time while waiting for Big Poppa to get off from work so we could start our match and figured why not enter a sit-n-go to get some hands in first.  Well, being that I have a limited bankroll, I entered the $1 6 max sit-n-go on Titan Poker.  I won a couple of smaller pots early on.  The player to my left got a huge chip lead very early on, so I had to play a little more conservatively than I normally would have.  Around the middle of the tournament, I ended up doubling up off of the big stack (still the player to the left) which put me in the chip lead.  I then promptly lost that lead back to him after my turned top two pair lost to his rivered straight. Oh well, I promptly took all the chips back from him (and more) a few hands later and eliminated him in 3rd place.  When we got to heads up I had about a 3:1 chip lead, which I used to cruise to a victory.  Oh yeah, a profit of a whole $3.80...I rule.

Now,  for the real match of the day, my heads up war (not a battle...a war) with Big Poppa.  Wow, it was definately a draining match.  I went from huge chip lead (1800- under 200) to a huge underdog (200-1800) and back again.  I was finally able to bust out Big Poppa to emerge victorious.  I had to go all-in twice in a row once when I got down to under 200 in chips, and luckily for me, I caught good cards both times.  My next match is with Unimpressed (3 time winner of the email/message board tourney).  I think I'm going to have my work cut out for me. I'll let you know the results of that match as soon as it happens.  Also, if I get time tonight, I may post some hand histories from my battle with Big Poppa here (at least some of the more important hands). But we'll see as I'm heading out to Prairie Meadows tonight to eat with my little brother so the night might disappear into being void of time.

No comments: